Monday, December 28, 2015

New Things I Will Do this Year


You have probably written lists of things you want to do. Places you want to visit, classes you want to take, new foods to try etc. I have too. And then, generally, I never look at them again, and so, of course, I don't do them.

But, Sarah, who writes the blog Yes and Yes actually does them. Each year, on her birthday, she writes a list of new things she wants to try...and then she tries them. That would make her list vastly superior to my list. She puts her list in her sidebar on her blog and I think she even blogs about each one after she does it.

So, if you are going to actually do the things, like really do them, in real life, the list is going to be different than those other lists. I put all kinds of stuff on those other lists. Stuff that in reality I was not likely to actually do, but are that are fun to think about. Like going to Australia or acting in a play, or  doing the Bike-Along-Sing-Along (more on that later). I've got a lot going on. Probably not going to do those things in the next year.

My birthday was in November, so, this year at least, I'll start at the new year. This is my list of new things to try, that  I am actually going to try:

  1. Take improv with Adam
  2. Do that indoor skydiving thing
  3. Sketch in Italy (already booked, so I'm going!)
  4. Learn a little Italian
  5. Throw the My Favorite Book party
  6. Read the book that I get at the My Favorite Book party
  7. Compete in Toastmasters inspirational speech contest
  8. Do some kind of an overnight biking trip
  9. Train the dogs to do at least two cute tricks each
  10. Listen to all of the Big Magic podcasts
  11. Take the Seattle Underground Tour
  12. Go to the Fremont Solstice Feast
  13. Go to a psychic fair
  14. Watch Forks Over Knives
  15. Go to Artfest Rising (booked)
  16. Crochet something using a pattern, or at least a video
  17. Still thinking
  18. Still Thinking
  19. Still Thinking
  20. Still Thinking
Soooo, what's on your list? 



No comments:

Post a Comment