Saturday, December 26, 2015

Why a Little Luna Sea?


Because a little lunacy is a good thing. A lot is not. A lot is scary and horrible, but embracing the little bit of lunacy that is in most of us is probably not a bad thing. I say most of us because there are those few that seem to have no lunacy in them at all. There are some that take life oh. so. seriously.

You know the type. Like my ex-husband, they find street performers unseemly (actually, my ex-husband does have a tiny bit of lunacy within him, but it is buried deep within. It is delightful when it bubbles forth - like a geyser at Yellowstone, but so rare that one gets distracted by other things and often misses it), they never dance publicly or even privately, they NEVER make a scene (even when one really ought to be made). They never make anything, except perhaps beds and deadlines. They are, however, very good at living up to obligations and if you are not the type who gets easily bored, they probably make very good friends. I, however, am the type that gets easily bored.

Here's the thing. I am the perfect age for my personality. When I was younger, people said I was blunt and tactless. Now, at 51, they tell me I am genuine, authentic, even wise. In 20 years, I predict that they will call me batsh*t crazy. It seems I am in my prime, so I don't want to waste it.

And so, the day after Christmas (one of my favorite days in the year) and a just a few days short of the new year, I am starting this blog, because, you know, I don't sit in front of the computer enough already.

So, what's in it for you?

Here is my hope. My hope is that you will read or see something here in the coming months (years?) that will spark something amazing in you. Something that makes you want to DO SOMETHING. Create  something. Anything that is positive. You know how you read or see something and you say, "Yeah, I'm going to do that!" And then you do and your life changes? Like that.


Like couple months ago when my friend Marna (who is somehow connected to everyone) talked about how awesome her personal trainer is. Now he is my personal trainer too. And now I do something active pretty much every day, whereas before, not so much. Not at all really. Changes are happening. Slowly. Like at the speed of grass growing, but they are happening. 

So, I invite you to come along on this journey. It will be fun (I am a big fan of fun). We'll learn stuff, we'll do stuff - maybe stuff you never thought you would do. Our lives will change. Together we'll form a community. A community of people who want to celebrate the little bit of lunacy within themselves and within each other. 

We will be the Luna Sea!

No comments:

Post a Comment